Finding employment after serving time in jail can be challenging. For those who have a criminal record, finding a job that will accept them can be even more difficult. Many people wonder if they can get hired at Aerotek, a popular staffing agency if they have a criminal record. In this article, we will explore whether or not Aerotek hires felons and what their policy is on hiring individuals with a criminal record.
Does Aerotek Hire Felons? Yes or No?
Aerotek does not have a blanket policy that prohibits them from hiring felons. Instead, they take a case-by-case approach and evaluate each candidate based on their qualifications, experience, and the nature of their criminal record. This means that even if you have a criminal record, you may still be considered for a job at Aerotek.
Factors that Aerotek Considers When Hiring Individuals with a Criminal Record:
The severity of the crime: Aerotek will take into consideration the nature and severity of the crime committed by the candidate. Crimes that involve violence or theft may be viewed more critically than those that do not.
The time that has passed since the conviction: Aerotek will also consider the length of time that has passed since the candidate was convicted. If a significant amount of time has passed since the conviction, Aerotek may be more willing to hire the candidate.
The type of job being applied for: The nature of the job being applied for will also be taken into consideration. If the job involves working with vulnerable populations or handling sensitive information, Aerotek may be less likely to hire someone with a criminal record.
Describe Some of the Entry Level Positions at Aerotek?
If you’re looking for an entry-level position at Aerotek, there are many opportunities available in a variety of industries. Here are some examples of entry-level positions that Aerotek often hires for:
- Production Associate: This position is responsible for assembling, inspecting, and packaging products in a manufacturing setting.
- Warehouse Associate: In this role, you will be responsible for tasks such as receiving and storing inventory, picking and packing orders, and maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Customer Service Representative: As a customer service representative, you will be responsible for answering customer inquiries and providing excellent service through phone, email, or chat.
- Data Entry Clerk: This position involves accurately inputting data into computer systems, organizing files, and performing other administrative tasks as needed.
- Administrative Assistant: An administrative assistant supports the day-to-day operations of an office by performing tasks such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and preparing reports.
Tips to Get Hired at Aerotek with a Felony Record
Getting hired with a felony record can be challenging, but there are things you can do to increase your chances of getting hired at Aerotek. Here are some tips:
Be honest about your criminal record: It’s important to be upfront about your criminal record during the application process. Aerotek will conduct a background check, and being honest about your record will show that you are taking responsibility for your past actions.
- Highlight your qualifications: Focus on highlighting the skills and qualifications that make you a strong candidate for the position you’re applying for.
- Demonstrate your rehabilitation: Providing evidence of rehabilitation, such as a certificate of completion for a rehabilitation program or letters of recommendation from employers or community leaders, can help show that you have made positive changes since your conviction.
- Be flexible and open-minded: Consider being open to a variety of job opportunities and locations. Aerotek has job openings in many different industries and locations, so being flexible can increase your chances of finding a job.
- Network and seek support: Consider reaching out to organizations that support individuals with criminal records. They may be able to provide resources and support to help you find a job.
By following these tips and focusing on your qualifications and rehabilitation efforts, you can increase your chances of getting hired at Aerotek, even with a felony record.
Q: Will Aerotek perform a background check?
A: Yes, Aerotek conducts background checks on all candidates before making a hiring decision.
Q: Can I still get a job at Aerotek if I have a criminal record?
A: Yes, Aerotek does consider candidates with criminal records on a case-by-case basis.
Q: How can I increase my chances of getting hired by Aerotek with a criminal record?
A: Be honest about your criminal record and provide evidence of rehabilitation, such as a certificate of completion for a rehabilitation program or letters of recommendation from employers or community leaders.
In conclusion, Aerotek does not have a blanket policy that prohibits them from hiring felons. They take a case-by-case approach and evaluate each candidate based on their qualifications, experience, and the nature of their criminal record. If you have a criminal record and are interested in working for Aerotek, it is still possible to be hired. However, you should be honest about your criminal record and provide evidence of rehabilitation to increase your chances of being hired.